THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!
**In the interest of tidiness, I’m going to condense all the updates.**
- We’ve broken 240; hooray! Talk about a jump!
- Watch for the second cutscene later this week. The first (as promised for hitting 120 is HERE.
- The contest runs until December 1st. If you haven’t entered yet there’s still time. Can we get to 500?
- At 500 entries, the last prize unlocks: a new short story for all of you!
- One person will win signed copies of Brimstone Angels, Lesser Evils, the second Waterdeep Omnibus (featuring The God Catcher), and a copy of Realms of the Dead, featuring the first appearance of Tam “the Shepherd” Zawad, among other great stories. PLUS a copy of the Sundering poster given out at GenCon. (I will be happy to sign this too, or send it to you clean.)
- TWO people will get a copy of Brimstone Angels AND a copy of Lesser Evils
- Five additional people will win a copy of either Brimstone Angels or Lesser Evils.
- AND…I will release another cut scene from Lesser Evils!
In 45 days, my next book Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils comes out. Here are some answers to questions about that!
What’s it about?
I hate this question. I’m not good at answering it.
You should probably get good at answering it. You’re kind of responsible for talking up your books.
You’re right. Blergh: Okay, Lesser Evils picks up shortly after Brimstone Angels. If you haven’t read Brimstone Angels, I highly recommend you do. Your experience will be much enriched and what I say next won’t constitute a spoiler…
So in Lesser Evils, Farideh tries to find a way to get Lorcan out of the Hells, finding the art of rituals and a super creepy villain in the process. Lorcan tries to figure out what his sister’s up to. Brin tries to sort out where he stands between Cormyr and the life he thinks he’d rather have. And Tam “The Shepherd” Zawad gets sent out on a mission with a new Harper recruit, Dahl Peredur, that leads them all into a very complicated situation involving multiple baddies. Including the Harpers’ old foes, the Zhentarim!
And Havi, of course, continues to be adorably aggressive.
So is it good?
Look, you really can’t ask an author that question. I think it is. But fortunately, you don’t have to take my word for it. Here are some early reviews (as well as a link to the sample chapter up on Wizards.com)
I still have to wait 45 days though. Why are you even bringing this up?
I’m glad you asked!
I’ve decided to have a contest—my first ever giveaway!—in honor of the release. Want to get in on it? Here’s what you need to do:
- Make a comment on this post. You are going to have to leave an email address to do this, but that’s good, because if you win, I will have to have a way to contact you!
- In your comment, call out your favorite fictional evil organization. It MUST be fictional, but you can draw from books, movies, comics, or TV. Feel free to include links—we all love being introduced to new stories.
- From the pool of comments, I will randomly select a winner who will get a signed copy of Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils.
- BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE! If at least 30 people enter, I will give the winner copies of Brimstone Angels and Lesser Evils. I will also draw TWO more winners, who will each get a copy of Lesser Evils or Brimstone Angels (your choice).
- AND HOLD THE PHONE! If at least 60 people enter, I will give the winner copies of Brimstone Angels and Lesser Evils and the second Waterdeep Omnibus, containing The God Catcher as well as City of the Dead by Rosemary Jones and Circle of Skulls by James P. Davis. Plus THREE winners of Lesser Evils or Brimstone Angels.
- If we get to 120…I will think of something, because I will be really surprised if that happens. (Go ahead. Surprise me!)
I will draw names and notify winners December 1st, so if you don’t win, you’ll still have time to get your copy. Only one entry per person. May the odds be ever in your favor, etc.,etc.
I’m panicking! I can’t think of a good evil organization! Everyone is going to judge me!
Nope. I promise. My fans are all kind (at least on this blog). Just go with your gut.
I don’t know any fictional evil organizations. Maybe focus on the good guys?
That’s okay, Granma, you really can’t enter anyway, since we’re related. (And the focus on the bad guys is thematic. Not instructive.)
I already have copies of those books.
1. Are they signed? These will be signed.
2. Do you celebrate any winter gift-giving holidays? You can gift these! They are perfect for Secret Santa gifts. (You can also gift the old copy. I won’t tell.)
Why do you do this question-answer thing? It seems weird for this topic.
Mostly because it’s easy and I am busy. But also because it is easy and I am lazy.