I’m doing a terrible job with those resolutions, readers.
Except I realized that I don’t think I ever made a post about Fire in the Blood…
This is Book 4 in what we could call “The Brimstone Angels Saga.” This is “The Cormyr Book.” In this book, you will get:
- Pissed-off Farideh
- A better idea of what Brin’s deal is.
- Piles of Cormyr lore, including “What the hell is going on during the Sundering?” “What are the Swords of State?” “Who is the ruler of Cormyr now?”
- More well-rounded, kickass characters (particularly women)
- More scheming villains
- One crazy ghost
- Smart-ass imps
- A goddamned dragon
- Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, True Love, miracles…Wait, no miracles. But Chosen! And no giants (I mean, Mehen’s tall, but he’s still Medium). Tell your Grandpa to skip the kissing parts if you can’t deal.
- 25% more book than The Adversary. Bang for your buck, folks!
I love it. I can’t wait for you to read it.
“In a direct follow-up to her third book in the Sundering series, The Adversary, Erin M. Evans throws her signature character Farideh into the midst of a battle for the throne of Cormyr. As the war brought on by the Sundering rages across Faerun, princes and princesses, wizards and rogues scheme to capture the seat of power of the Land of the Purple Dragon—with Farideh and her allies caught squarely in the middle.” (Here is a link to the sample chapter!)